Bread pudding with hot butter sauce
Boston Market Cinnamon Apples make this classic recipe easy.
FOR THE PUDDING
- 7-8 cups torn or cubed French bread
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 3 cups milk
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup Boston Market cinnamon apples diced small
- 1/2 cup cranberry relish
- 4 beaten eggs
FOR THE SAUCE
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- For the bread pudding, cut or tear bread into pieces and place in a large bowl. In a medium saucepan over low heat, melt brown sugar, milk, butter, cinnamon, and vanilla. Stir constantly until sugar is dissolved. Pour over bread and allow to soak for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Add 4 beaten eggs, cinnamon apples, cranberry relish to the soaked bread mixture and stir gently. The bread should be completely saturated with the egg and milk mixture. Pour into a buttered 9-inch square baking dish and bake for 40-50 minutes until the top is browned and the middle is set. Do not overtake or the bread pudding will become dry.
- For the sauce, mix the heavy cream, white sugar, and butter in a medium saucepan over low heat. Do not boil or the mixture will start to crystallize. When sugar has dissolved, add 1 teaspoon vanilla. Pour the warm sauce over each slice of bread pudding before serving.